Friday, February 10, 2017

How My Hobby Of Collecting Indian Notes Made Me Stress Free!



There are many interesting things to do in life which takes you out of your mundane and boring routine. What is the point in spending all your life doing something that does not make you happy? Amidst all the stress around you, there are moments when you want to break free and indulge in something that makes you smile and stay relaxed. Hobbies are a good escape that reduces stress levels to a great extent. There are scientific studies that have proved that people who take their hobbies more seriously are have lesser stress levels. Stress is one of the biggest causes of new age illnesses like hypertension, blood pressure, obesity, etc. Some like to play an instrument and others like to read books. There are many other kinds of interesting hobbies that people around the world are into. One such hobby is collecting banknotes. I know of some collectors who are passionate about collecting Indian Notes. What I like about them is that they are so enthusiastic about everything they do. I had never imagined that I would meet people who are so keen about collecting currency notes of India


I was cleaning my bike under my building when I saw a group of middle-aged men discussing something very important. When I went ahead to take a closer look, I found them holding their collections of Indian notes. I felt a bit awkward at first but slowly I was sucked into their conversations. I introduced myself and they did the same as well. They said that they have been collecting currency notes of India since 7 years now. I asked them how they go about doing all this. They said that they are not doing it full time, but they meet at least once in two weeks and discuss about whatever Indian notes they found or collected over the fortnight. When I first looked at their collection of currency notes of India, I was not very impressed. Then they asked me to take a closer look at the serial numbers. I noticed that these numbers had a particular pattern. When they explained more about the Indian notes that they collected, I was even more surprised.  

From that day onwards, I became a new comer to the field of collecting Indian notes. There has been no looking back ever since then! I am happier today; I have something to fall back to in times of stress, all thanks to that one meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment