Monday, April 10, 2017

Why passion is very important for collecting Antique Indian Coins




There are many things that someone can be interested in. Some like reading books while others like doing theatre. Most of it depends on what kind of upbringing one has experienced in their childhood. Many philosophers have said that you almost become what you see around you. The kind of people you meet or the kind of friends you make defines your personality. Some choices you make do not really have logic behind them. Same is the case with my hobby of collecting antique coins of India. I belonged to a middle class family where academics was always given priority. Why would anybody for that matter encourage their kids to pursue a hobby as strange of collecting Antique Indian Coins! But it happened; almost as if it was always supposed to happen.

One of my school friends named Chintan introduced me to this amazing hobby and till date I am grateful for what he did. If it was not for him, I wouldn’t have so many interesting Colonial Coins of India with me as of today. In fact, I give him the credit for owning these coins as well. Becoming a coin collector for a middle class guy like me was really difficult. Every time I used to get some old Colonial Coins home, my parents used to ask me hundred questions. They told me concentrate on my studies and not waste time collecting Antique Indian Coins. Deep down though there was a rebel inside me. I never budged, even though I was not allowed to collect coins at home. I used to find a way to pursue my passion for collecting Colonial Coins of India one way or the other. I still remember my father beating me up in the middle of the night because I was busy looking at my collection of coins when I had my exams on the next day.
But, as I said, I have no regrets at all. I believe that you should always stick to your beliefs, no matter what. So if you like collecting coins simply keep doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment