Saturday, April 15, 2017

My world of Old Indian Coins



There are times in life when you feel that everything has come to a standstill. You need something to cling on to, something to immerse yourself into. Hobbies are excellent mediums through which you can forget everything about your worries almost instantly. As a kid, I was very shy boy and did not have any kind of liking for any particular thing as such. Like every other kid in my class, I had no idea what destiny had in store for me; in fact we never thought about destiny and simply went with the flow. We did almost everything that was told to us. I was introduced to the world of old Indian coins at the age of seven by my grandfather.

My grandfather also was a passionate collector of Old Indian Coins when he was young. He had some connections with friends who were also into this unique hobby. Over a period of time, he kept growing his collection. He once told me that he probably loved his collection of Indian coin more than his own wife. Even though he laughed out loud after that statement, his eyes told me that there was some amount of truth behind those words. We used to visit our native place every year during summer vacations. It was like every other vacation; the only difference this time being that Grandpa showed me his amazing collection of old coins India. I was lost, lost into a whole new world. There was no looking back. I spent that entire vacation talking to my grandfather understanding different aspects of all the old coins India that he had collected. Each one of them had an interesting story behind it. I never got tired of listening to them. I took a few ancient Indian coins from his collection back home. 


I shut myself inside my room and spent hours gazing at those beauties. There was something about these ancient Indian coins that make me smile even today. Probably, they remind me of my grandfather, probably they are special as they showed me a new ray of light every time I am feeling low.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for giving us wonderful information about Republic India coins. Your blog benefits people who want to know about historical Republic India coins.

    Republic India coins | old coins collectibles | old kings coins | old notes collections |

    ReplyDelete