Tuesday, April 4, 2017

When My Cousin Introduced Me to old Indian Coins



Stress is just a five letter word but has a lot of effect on our lives. There are unexpected situations in life that make us tensed for some or the other reason. There are different kinds of activities that you can indulge in to relieve stress. People like to be engaged in hobbies like painting, music sports etc. There are many communities who love collecting old Indian coins as well and I belong to one of them. Many friends and relatives ask me what is in this hobby that excites me so much. There is no definite answer to this question. All I know is that by collecting old Indian Coins, I forget all my troubling worries. 
There have been cases when I feel very low and my instant saviour has been my collection of old Indian coins. All I need to do is open my coin album and keep looking at whatever little I have collected until now. There is something about old coin of India that brings a smile on my face. I started collecting coins at a very young age. My cousin brother was a passionate collector and he introduced me once to his collection of marvellous Indian old coins. I still can’t forget that day when I kept pestering my cousin brother by asking him one question after the other about each and every coin that he had in his collection. Even though I thought I was troubling him, he kept answering all my doubts without any complaints. We sat together discussing about ancient coins of India for several hours. We started talking in the evening and only realised that it was midnight after my mother came up to me and asked us to go to bed. From the next day onwards I started building my own collection.


The first coin that I added to my collection was a bronze coin that was issued by Akbar – a coin which I borrowed from my cousin brother. There has been no looking back since then and today I have almost 300 old Indian coins issued by various emperors!

No comments:

Post a Comment