Monday, January 30, 2017

Going Back to My Childhood Hobby of Collecting Indian Stamps



There are some things in life that you start missing more, the more you start ignoring them. I was like any other kid in school, liked to go out and play football after I finished my homework. Worries were fewer in those days; the only worry was about clearing your class tests. Nobody can forget these fond memories of childhood. Stress levels start increasing as you grow older and each one of us has his or her way to deal with it. Entertainment and sports are the most common ways of tackling stress. But I fell in love with collecting stamps, especially Indian stamps at a very young age. That was my way to de-stress and relax. There was nobody to encourage me; In fact, there were some relatives who told me that I was wasting my time. Nothing could really stop me from collecting Indian Stamps back then. 


I had a group of friends who used to collect Indian stamps as well. Like most other collectors, I started exchanging my stamps for the ones I desired. Slowly but steadily, my collection started growing, A single box was not enough to hold all the Indian stamps that I collected. The next month onwards I decided that I will save my pocket money and buy myself an album for keeping my collecting of Indian stamps safely. I went an extra mile, stopped buying chocolates just to save my pocket money. I did it for the next 3 months and finally I had enough money to buy an album. Ever since I bought that album, I started arranging and sorting the collection of Indian stamps I had, based on different themes. Each page had stamps belonging to a particular theme. Some were famous personalities, some were actors and some featured birds on them and others depicted trains of India. In the whole process, I gained a lot of knowledge about different facets of India. With my stamp collection of Indian stamps, I became richer in knowledge. 

As I started growing older though, I got busy with my work and forgot about my hobby. It was only recently when I checked my old drawer and found my first album of Indian stamps. I was delighted and from that point in time, I decided that I will continue collection Indian stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment