Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Fancy numbers play a vital role when it comes to collecting Indian Notes



The term given to the study of banknotes is Notaphity. And when you have to study banknotes you would invariably have to collect them. So what are the facts and features about banknotes that excite and lure a collector? Well, that’s a very relative question and it completely depends on the interest of the collector. I have been collecting Indian notes since five years now and I have completely got hooked on to it. Initially all I was interested in collecting was fancy numbered Indian Notes


I started with currency notes in India whose serial number ended with the digits 786. The number has a lot of significance for Muslims and it is considered to be a lucky as well. I accidently found a 10 rupee Indian note first with the serial number ending with this lucky number. I did not pay much attention to it. I was at the supermarket and was about to give it away to the owner, when he held it and looked at it for some time. He first thanked me. I wondered why he did that. After questioning him, I realised the importance of these notes. After several requests, I exchanged the note with another one and I kept the lucky 10 rupee Indian note with me. I don’t really know how lucky it was for me, but I surely fell for the idea of collecting more currency notes in India featuring 786 in the serial number. I started checking online for these notes and then found out that collecting Indian notes is a popular hobby that many pursue. I joined a few communities and interacted with several other collectors like me. This way, I started growing my collection of Indian notes slowly.

After I collected quite a few 786 notes, I moved on to sold numbers and super solid numbers. Unlike coins and stamps, serial numbers and fancy numbers play a vital role when you are a collector of banknotes. I slowly learned that there are many who are ready to pay thousands of rupees just for owning special currency notes in India featuring interesting serial numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment