Monday, December 25, 2017

There’s no Age for Collecting Stamps of India



I have been collecting stamps of India ever since I was 10 years old. From then on, there has been no looking back. There are many people who think that stamp collecting is a hobby for the kids. Those who have that opinion don’t know that there is a huge community of philatelists in the world who specialize in rare stamps of India. Many of these Indian rare stamps have been sold at international auction houses for lakhs of rupees. Apart from that, money is not everything in life. One has to be passionate about something that will keep him or her excited always.

What is the point in living each day just like yesterday. There has to be something unique that you learn every day. Indian stamps are my source to that uniqueness that I keep craving for. My collection of old Indian stamps is a window to some of the most fascinating aspects about our country’s history, traditions, nature, wildlife, flora, geography, landmarks, events, personalities and more.  

As technology is picking up at a very fast rate, writing letters has become a thing of the past. The
chances of finding kids of today’s generation indulging in a hobby like stamp collecting are very feeble. That’s the reason why it is our responsibility to introduce kids to the amazing world of Indian stamps. You can take them to the nearest post office and show them the latest stamps in India.

My kids too were not too keen in taking up this hobby even after I showed them my collection of old Indian stamps. But slowly, as I started narrating the stories behind these rare stamps of India, they became more and more curious to learn. I also lent them a few interesting Indian stamps from my own collection to start theirs. Today they meet their friends and discuss about old Indian stamps whenever they get some time. They also motivate their friends to indulge in stamp collecting.

So, if you really want to do it, you will find a way to do it! Doesn’t matter what the society thinks about you. Keep listening to your heart and continue collecting beautiful Indian stamps as long as you are healthy enough to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment