Monday, December 11, 2017

My Favourite Piece from my collection of Currency notes of India


When we think of Indian notes, all we think about is cash in our wallets. But if you are a passionate collector or notaphilist, you will go one step further. Notaphilists will take their time and keep looking at notes of India for hours together. They would try their best for finding out the history of Indian notes along the various symbolic depictions on them. Many would wonder what is so exciting about collecting Currency notes of India. Collecting notes is a hobby which is not very popular, but those who do it are the ones who can explain the joy of indulging in notaphily.

I have been collecting old notes of India since five years now, but I still think that there is a lot to achieve. Some of the expert collectors that I met recently have amazing collections of rare notes of India like the ones that were issued during the British times. Sometimes I wished I had some of those in my collection of Indian notes, but that’s how it is. You won’t find what you are looking for unless and until you are passionately trying to find it wholeheartedly. If I was asked to choose the most special piece form my collection of currency notes in India, I would be a super solid 1 Re note that was issued in 1917. Very recently our 1 rupee note celebrated its hundredth anniversary and I felt proud of owning a piece of history with me. I also have an interesting collection of colonial notes that were issued by the French and Portuguese. Some collector friends continuously lure me to sell those beautiful notes of India, but deep down they know that I will never do that ultimately. That’s the main difference between a collector and a dealer who is only looking to make some quick money by buying and selling notes randomly.

I have inculcated the habit of closely analyzing every Indian notes that comes to me. My friends sometimes laugh at me, but I don’t really care because collecting old notes of India is my passion and will continue doing it as and when I get some free time.    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment