Monday, March 6, 2017

How Rare Indian Stamps Got a New Life!




There was a time when I had no idea as to what I am supposed to do with all those Rare Indian Stamps that I found in my drawer. They stayed there, nobody really cared until they were there. Years passed by and they stayed there. Now when I think of them, I believe these Indian Stamps had life in them and they would have felt suffocated lying there, inside the drawer for so many years. But as they say, times can get lucky. I think both me and that complete collection of Indian stamps got lucky when I found them randomly on that fine day. Supposedly the second-hand table was bought by my dad and probably the earlier owner of the table had placed the collection of Indian stamps in the drawer.


There they were, reintroduced to the new world. Things have changed a lot. Nobody knew how long they were lying there. These stamps might have taken a deep breath when they finally got out from the drawer. I was blank. Everything started sinking in just like someone has hit jackpot. For the first 10 minutes I stood there looking at all those lovely Indian stamps. Then I slowly picked them and took it to my dad. My dad was surprised as well; he wore a bright smile looking at the stamps, something that I hadn’t seen too often. The next thing I started doing was segregating them based on different themes. For example, monuments, famous personalities, places, scientists etc. After segregating them, I showed them again to dad. He looked at them for hours together. He told me that some of them were rare Indian stamps that not many collectors would have. I suddenly felt even luckier. My Dad revealed that even he loved collecting Stamps of India when he was young. He used to get them from his dad, meaning my grandfather. From that moment, I had started a journey of collecting stamps, a journey that I still enjoy undertaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment