Thursday, February 22, 2018

Collect Antique Coins of India to Become Financially Independent

There are some friends who keep asking me why I like collecting antique coins of India. When I tell them that I have been making a lot of money by investing in the rare coins in India, they do not even believe me. In today’s times, it takes a lot of courage to do something unconventional. I was doing a
nine-to-five job in an IT company, but was always passionate about collecting antique Indian coins. I also dreamt of becoming more independent financially some day. After working in the corporate sector for almost 4 years, I realized that a secured job is not my cup of tea. I analyzed my situation completely and also toyed with several start up ideas. Finally, it occurred to me that I can combine my passion for collecting rare Indian coins with my desire for complete financial independence. I decided to quit my job and invest some part of my savings for buying rare coins of British India.

Initially, I met with a lot of resistance from my family members and friends. They literally thought that I would end up becoming completely broke. But, I stood with my dream and kept on researching
about colonial coins and other rare coins in India. After I had built a considerably big collection of Interesting coins, I started looking for auction events and probable buyers. In my free time, I used to research about antique Indian coins so that I was aware about their market value. Every time I went to a dealer, I knew how much to quote because of my backing of sound knowledge. There have been instances when coin dealers have tried to fool me. However, I never fell in their trap because I knew the worth of my antique Indian coin collection.

When I look back today, I think I took the right decision at the right time. Some of my friends and family members who laughed at me back then, have a lot of respect for me today. So if you are really passionate about collecting rare coins in India, then you can always consider making it your profession.


    


No comments:

Post a Comment