Monday, July 10, 2017

My 8-year Journey of Collecting Rare Stamps of India Continues!




You can lure me by showing all the wealth in the world, but my precious collection of Old Stamps of India is absolutely priceless. Every Rare Stamps of India that I have managed to collect over a period of 8 years, has a story to say. I have lived and grown up on these stories and cannot imagine a life without them. With every passing year, my passion for collecting Stamps of India remained the same; if not, it has only multiplied. That feeling of adding a new Indian Stamp in your collecting is indescribable. Something that not anyone and everyone would understand! There are many who keep asking me what is it that drives me to collect stamps since so many years. I do not have a specific answer to that. It could be because there are many childhood memories associated with this special hobby.


There have been days when I used to wait for the postman for weeks together, simply to add a new Indian stamp in my collection. Initially it was only about the numbers. I used to pick up every Indian stamp I found. Slowly, as I started growing older, I started reading about the imagery that was depicted on Stamps of India. Thanks to that disciplined activity, I can say that my general knowledge increased by leaps and bounds. I was smarter than most other kids of my age. There was no stopping me from there. After a point, I started looking for interesting Stamps of India and was not satisfied with the ordinary ones. I started networking with fellow collectors and exchanging stamps for new ones. Accidentally, a Rare Indian Stamps fell into my collection as the friend whom I exchanged it from, was not aware about its uniqueness or rarity. That is when I realised that if you are someone who is passionately collects stamps then you must always make an effort to increase your knowledge in some way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment